AEC has the following vacancy at this time.
Service Department Representative
Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) provides electric service to 48,000 members in East Tennessee. We own and maintain an electric distribution system that covers 600 square miles in parts of Grainger, Hamblen, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Sevier counties.
We currently have an opportunity for a Service Department Representative in our New Market, Tennessee office. The Service Department Representative assists members establishing or modifying electric service by obtaining, processing and communicating pertinent data to perform service connects, disconnects, reconnects and moves.
AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short and long term disability, paid parental leave, 401k and a company funded pension plan. Benefits eligibility is first of the month following 30 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming calls in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner to ensure that work is processed properly and timely
- Receives member orders in person, by email and by phone for installation, connections, discontinuance, or change in service in a courteous and efficient manner
- Completes contract forms, service orders, change of address and other member records and orders.
- Prepares and distributes meter and service orders to appropriate AEC departments
- Prepares and distributes monthly meter and new membership reports
- Processes applications, contracts and correspondence to members via mail, email and/or fax
- Performs all duties in accordance with established AEC policies and safety practices
- Keeps current on policies and programs in order to accurately determine the proper deposit, electric rate and tax rate to apply to each account
- Interact with members, coworkers and contractors in a courteous professional manner at all times
- Cross train to provide support in other Office Services departments
- May require occasional overtime and may require reporting to work after hours to assist with emergency or outage conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service role
- Prior experience in a utility environment desirable
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Regular on time attendance is required
- Exceptional customer interaction skills and professionalism
- Exercise discretion at all times when working with confidential member information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow though and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written form
- Ability to calculate figures and general ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Availability for occasional travel for training and meetings
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and distance vision
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk
- The employee may occasionally lift, push, pull or carry up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Requires repetitive motions with hands and fingers such as dialing and keyboarding
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AEC IS A TENNESSEE DRUG FREE WORKPLACE