When your lights go off please report it to our main office. We are at your service 24 hours a day.

(423) 586-4755 HAMBLEN COUNTY
(865) 828-5225 GRAINGER COUNTY

Before reporting power failures please go through the following steps:

  1. Check your breakers or fuses to make sure the trouble is not in your service panel. When checking your breaker, be sure to push the switch all the way off and a little beyond the off position before returning it to the on position.
  2. Check with your neighbors to see if their lights are off also.
  3. Please have your AEC account number or meter number available.

Standby Generator Safety: Double Throw Switch Essential

If you keep a standby generator for emergencies, you must use an appropriate double throw transfer switch to prevent electricity from flowing from your generator back out onto utility power lines during an outage and electrocuting line workers trying to restore power. When regular electric service has been restored, a double throw switch can also prevent power from flowing back in and destroying the generator. Use of these types of transfer switches is a requirement of the National Electrical Code. If you use a standby generator and have questions about using a double throw switch, please call your co-op for assistance.